Monday, December 17, 2007
White Russians and a craft!
This Thursday night I'm going to do a Christmas craft and drink White Russians with my friends, Robin, Suzanne, and Joanne. Joanne is also my sister-in-law. We are going to meet at Robin's house and exchange gifts, do our snowman craft and drink...I might bring some hot chocolate mix because I have a very distinct memory of drinking too many White Russians. It happened many years ago (I've been married for 29 years and this incident happened before I met my husband). It was a Sunday night and I was on a date at Bobby McGee's in Scottsdale, AZ having a great time drinking, talking and kissing my date. I remember that the drinks went down rather smoothly and I was surprised that 5 had no affect on me whatsoever...or so I thought. I was fine until I went to stand up and then BAM, I felt the 5 drinks quite intensely. I only remember trying to sleep when I got home (I still lived with my parents at the time). I knew that I had to get some sleep because I was a teacher and I had to be at school the next day. I don't know how I made it through the night, but I was quite sick in the morning. I decided to wash my hair in the kitchen sink (why I don't know), and when I bent forward I thought that I was going to pass out. It was early and I didn't want to wake my parents so I went outside in the backyard to get some air. Our dog, Mitzi, followed me outside and watched as I violently threw up my innards near the far corner of the yard. All I remember after that is feeling like total hell until about 10 AM. How I made it through the day I'll never know. So....maybe I'll just enjoy my gift, do the craft and drink the hot chocolate. Those White Russians can really sneak up on a body and mine isn't what it used to be!