Monday, September 24, 2012

Blue nostalgia

 
 
This is my first attempt at participating in Blue Monday at Smiling Sally's blog.  I've chosen 3 photos that are near and dear to my heart as they were all part of my idyllic childhood growing up in Illinois.
 
My first photo is of my American Plastic Bricks by Elgo.  I played with these things for hours on end and built houses complete with moving doors and windows.  Does anyone remember these?  They are from the 50's.
 


This was my first cookbook!  I'm sure that I baked/cooked some things in this cook book, however, I'm glad that I married a man who loves to do the cooking around here.  As far as I'm concerned, my kitchen came with the house that is the only reason I periodically walk through it!  The copyright in this book is dated 1955.


My beloved Ginny doll by Vogue.  She is all original except for her unruly wig.  I played with my Ginny dolls constantly.  This doll is from the 50's.

 
 
These 3 "blue" items conjure up such sweet memories of a childhood that anyone would be happy to remember.  Enjoy.


5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing these precious blue memories from your childhood.

Happy 1st Blue Monday, Loretta.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo fun!! LOVING all your memories!!!!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I never heard of those blocks at all! The cookbook looks cute. I bet it's got snazzy pictures inside, too.

Betty said...

For the life of me I can't remember those bricks. I remember building with Lincoln Logs, but that's about it. Of course, I too played for many hours with my dolls. If I wasn't in the woods trying to build a fort so we could "fight" the boys I was in my room playing Ginny.

Splendid Little Stars said...

sweet memories.
I don't think I ever had a Ginny doll myself, but several friends did.