Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer fun 1920's style!

I posted these photos on my Shades of Inspiration group and I thought that I would also blog about them. My mother is on the extreme right (short one with the left arm up) and she, along with her bathing beauty friends, seems to be enjoying the water and some summer fun. She was born in 1914 and she will be 95 years old on September 4.My mother is the first one in this line of pretty ladies relaxing near the water on a hot summer day. I'm guessing this photo was taken in the late 1920's in Rockford, IL.
Goodness gracious!!!! So this was the style and fashion of the 20's....we have come a long way. My mother is in the second row on the right posing with her friends on a hot summer day in northern Illinois. I'm so glad that my mother saved these vintage photos because my grandchildren will have so many visual reminders of their ancestors.

No comments: