Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Diaper Wreath

On May 4th I will be going to a baby shower for a friend's daughter-in-law who is having a baby girl.  I didn't know what to do for the shower so I looked on good ol' Pinterest and I found loads of ideas.  I really liked the diaper wreath idea so I thought that I would try my hand(s) at it.  It seemed simple enough even for me so I started to gather things for the wreath.  


I used a 40% off coupon at Michael's for the ring and I covered it with pink gingham material that I had on hand.



Next time I will tack down the material with hot glue for a more snug look.  However, this method worked just fine because I was going to cover the material with diapers anyway!

Because this is a shower for a baby girl, I wanted to use things that the mother could use on the baby when she is older so I bought the hair ties.

 I started wrapping the diapers around the ring and I secured them with the hair ties that can be reused!

After all the diapers were on (I used 15 out of a pack of 36 Pamper's Swaddlers 2 for 12-18 pounds) I started to use different-colored ribbon to attach the stuff I bought.  I purchased a 4-pack of  Carter's newborn socks, a "take-a-long" 4-pack of Johnson's & Johnson's lotion, powder, shampoo, and baby wash, a pink teething ring, a cute bath book, petroleum jelly, Baby Magic Lotion, a 3-pack of hand sanitizer, some stretchy head bands with flowers, and a Million Dollar chocolate bar.  The chocolate bar is for the parents because it will probably cost $1,000,000 to raise and educate this baby!

Here is the wreath with some of the things attached.


Here is the completed wreath!

The bottom part (I took off the chocolate bar so that it wouldn't melt).

The top part.  I didn't add anymore curly ribbon to the top because of the bunch that I added near the top hook for hanging.
I'll probably be making another wreath because I'll be going to another shower in August or September.  My friend's daughter is pregnant but they don't know the sex of the baby yet so I'm on hold right now.  I'll probably tweak a few things the next time around...maybe use bigger diapers...I don't know yet.
It was fun and it didn't take a lot of time to make this wreath.  To me this is so much easier than the diaper cakes!

2 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Very sweet Loretta, and what a neat idea. See you Saturday!

Hugs,
Meri

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea!! I loveeeeee it!!