Friday, May 10, 2013

Coffee Filter Wreath and blisters!

It all started when I saw Angie's wreath on Pinterest or somewhere online!  I started a white coffee filter wreath months and months ago but I wasn't thrilled with the way it looked so I stopped working on it.  When I saw Angie's wreath, I remembered my very unfinished, poor, limp, white coffee filter wreath attempt, and retrieved it from a corner where it was put to rest to die!  I followed Angie's instructions and set out bowls of water and food coloring.  TIP:  for a vibrant blue or purple color, you have to add a lot more food coloring to the water!

Preparation!

Pretty paper towel designs during the drying process.

Hmmmm maybe there is another craft project here!

I eventually put the filters outside to speed up the drying process.

~~~~~~In progress~~~~~

On the table with a butterfly that came to visit


Finished and ready for hanging



My wreath isn't as full as Angie's wreath but it will do for my first attempt.  Total cost:  wreath ring $1.00 at Dollar Tree,  coffee filters $1.00 at Dollar Tree (160 count but I didn't use all of them), butterfly .99 at 99 Cent Store, food coloring free as I have 3 boxes on a shelf, the blisters on my left ring finger and left thumb were also free compliments of my glue gun!

2 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Oh so pretty Loretta, it'll be perfect for easter next year, too.

I'm having another class in June with paper dolls....do you wanna come play?

Hugs,
Meri

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I love love love love this!!! FABULOUS!!!!