Sunday, November 18, 2012

More yard sale finds

Saturday was a great day for me as far as "junking" goes!  I'm an estate sale and garage sale gal from the word "go" so I visit Craig's List daily to see what is available on any Friday or Saturday.  This Saturday proved to be a very good day for me as evidenced by my treasures below. 
 
Two pretty pink doilies (50 cents) that will go into my mom's old room with my dolls.

This is a Sunbonnet Sue doll quilt that came with the doll buggy that it is draped over.  The lady that I bought it from had it displayed in her guest room...that is exactly what I plan on doing when I finally start organizing my mom's old room.



Here is the beautiful doll buggy that I specifically wanted to buy at this particular yard sale.  As it turns out, I got up late and I was sure that the buggy wouldn't be available when I finally got to the sale.  However, I was the first person at the sale and the owner seemed disappointed that more people hadn't stopped by.  I didn't want the doll that was in the buggy, so she lowered the price by $10.00.  Not a bad deal for $25!  You can't touch these things for $25.00  I've looked on ebay and Amazon so I knew that this was a great deal.



I struck up a conversation with the owner of this buggy, and we exchanged names and phone numbers.  I didn't buy any dolls at the sale, but I might go back and take a second look at them.



For some reason I was drawn to this lamp shade!  If you've ever been to my house, you know that it fits with my decor.  I tried it out on a lamp in the great room but it didn't look right so now I'll have to find a base for it.  Not bad for $1.00

 

This little buggy was .50!!!!  At this sale, the owner was practically giving stuff away!
 
 
 
 These accessories will go in my doll room...eventually! They are so cute and together they were $1.00!
 
 
 These roses have nothing to do with sales!  They were from my husband for our 34th wedding anniversary.

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeee those buggies!!!!! WOW!! What a find!! I love love love love the roses too!! Happy Anniversary!!!

Unknown said...

Sorry about that, the Ebay seller is
vintholidays ! Sandy