Saturday, November 9, 2013

Putzin' Around


Today I again had the privilege of working with Meri Wiley at her "Putzin' Around" workshop.  As usual, Meri was the hostess with the mostest and provided humor and guidance to our cozy gathering.  

As soon as I entered Meri's house, I felt like I was at the North Pole with Santa and his elves! Meri had an abundance of Christmas things available to us to make our Putz houses.  She even had some Easter things in case we wanted to make an Easter house.

This cart holds a very small sample of some stuff that Meri has collected over the years for Christmas crafting.

                The bottom of the cart held many treasures as well.


This photo shows a small portion of crafting supplies that we could use for our houses.

More and more goodies...it was hard to make a decision because of all that was available.

                                              Here are Joanne's completed houses.

My houses included a Mr. and Mrs. Santa house/cottage and another house that Santa has decided to visit.

CeeKay always does such amazing work!  Her colors are cream and black and she, again, outdid herself with this beauty.  Love this woman!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura did a wonderful job with this church.  When I took this photo, she still hadn't finished with the final touches.

This is also the unfinished house that Laura was still working on.  This is such a cute scene.

This is one of Gail's houses.  I always enjoy visiting with Gail and seeing her pretty creations.

Here is Sharon's beautiful house.  I always admire anything that Sharon works on...she is precise and very creative.  I've been to several of Meri's gatherings and I can't believe some of the wonderful things Sharon has produced.

 This is Alyssa's beauty...Alyssa is Laura's daughter.  Alyssa recently graduated from ASU and she was so enjoyable to talk to.

Meri also had a room set aside in her house where we could shop.  She was selling some of her crafts and miscellaneous items.  Meri also had some "free" stuff.  How enjoyable!  I still have my eye on her 1948 fully furnished dollhouse.

I really enjoyed my time at Meri's house and it was so much fun visiting with the other ladies.  We had a delicious lunch and then picked out gifts from under the Christmas tree.  I was lucky enough to get a church front (designed, painted and crafted by Meri) that lights up!  I forgot to take a picture of it and I don't know how to add it to this post.  I'll add the photo to another Christmas post. 

Thanks again, Meri.  You are the BEST!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How fun!! I so wish I could have come this time!! LOVING what everyone created!!!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

It was the best! Loved seeing you. Hope to visit when you are done decorating!! Meri's classes are so much fun!

ImagiMeri said...

You are, as always, such a treat to have in my home. I'm going to keep working on your confidence levels girlfriend!

Love ya'
Meri

Anonymous said...

Hi, there! I saw you comment at Meri's and had to come see your pics! How fun! It is my dream to attend such an event. I want it to be just down the road, though. :)