Friday, August 20, 2010

A Heartfelt Thank You

Needless to say it has been a roller coaster week for me filled with raw emotion, whirlwind activity, and just trying to cope with the loss of my mother. However, an incredible group of people came to me from blogland, and helped me deal with feelings and look beyond my tears to see just how wonderful friends can be. I finally met our Alphabe-Thursday teacher, Jenny Matlock, when she came to my mother's visitation. I recognized her instantly from the picture on her blog and we hugged each other as if we had been friends for years. She not only came to give me support, she brought along some "cupcakes in a jar"!!!!! I can't thank Jenny enough for being so thoughtful and for taking the time to be with me when I really needed to be surrounded by friends.
Along with Jenny, I must thank Viki, Anne, Cindy, Linda, Cindy B., Christy, Debbie, Jo, Carmen, Nora, Kat, Cheryl, Julie, Nature Girl, Colleen, Freda, Wombat Central, Sarah, Sue, Vicki, Diana, Catherine, Myorii, Polly, JDaniel's Mom, Christina, Sue, Cheryl, Tracy and Terra, for posting so many beautiful comments and expressions of sympathy on my blog. You ALL helped in ways you can't imagine. I am so appreciative to each and every one of you for selflessly lending your support and for offering prayers and thoughts of comfort during a difficult time. I would be thrilled to meet each of you in person so we could become friends in reality instead of cyber-friends.
Thank you again for all of your well wishes and prayers...I'm okay and I'm facing each day with renewed strength from God and my mother.

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am sooooooooooooo sorry about your Mom!!! {{{hugs}}}

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am so glad Jenny was able to visit you. I know that no one can really ease the pain of this loss but knowing that so many care about you I hope has helped. It will take time but you sound like you are doing OK. God's strength will get you through. Hugs to you!

Jenny said...

I did feel like we'd known each other forever. Even though the circumstances were so sad, it was very comfortable.

My prayers continue for you and your family.

Hugs and hope,
Jenny